Friday, May 14, 2010

Current Project... and some websites...

THIS! IS! THE! COOLEST! WEBSITE! EVER!!!!!!11!!

On a more serious note, I did run across this site this afternoon and thought I needed to share: http://dribbble.com

From their site:
What is Dribbble?
Dribbble is show and tell for designers, developers and other creatives. Members share sneak peeks of their work as “shots” — small screenshots of the designs and applications they are working on. It’s also a place to talk design, give and receive feedback and iterate toward better work.
What are “shots”?
Shots on Dribbble are small screenshots (400×300 pixels max). A shot can be a fragment of a work in progress, or an idea to generate feedback, or an iteration on a previously uploaded concept.
Whoa! Before you go rushing over there to sign up and join the bandwagon, they are strictly an "Invite Only" place (elistist bastards!!! Unless of course you were going to invite me to join, in which case I for one welcome our Dribbling overlords!), but it is an interesting place to see the process of people who are in the field. You may not be able to join up, but you can certainly follow many of the designers and designs. I'm always interested in watching how people develop their ideas and getting them to a final stage. I hate to admit it, but most of my projects never really finish, they just reach a point of abandonment usually brought on by a deadline.

But to keep with the theme of current projects, I'm posting one of my own:


This is my sister-in-law, whose picture was torn up but is now my hands and is slowly having work done to have it repaired. I have done some work to her left eye, which had the most damage, and the rest should start falling into line. It's a large file (1200 dpi) so it takes up a lot of resources on my computer. Doing the tool strokes fill up the buffer pretty quickly, so my undos are limited and I have to save often in case of crash. But when this is done I should be able to print in a high enough resolution to make the family happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment